When you decide to choose a healthy diet, you often have to say goodbye to many of your favourite food items. Pizzas are definitely on the list of food items that should be avoided at all cost. But what if pizza is healthy? Celebrity nutritionist Pooja Makhija just introduced to the world a sweet potato pizza. Sweet potatoes are rich in magnesium. They have nutrients that help keep blood sugar under control. They also take care of the overall health of bones, heart and muscles. So, don’t think twice before making this delicious sweet potato pizza. “Healthy, yummy and super satiating pizza,” Makhija described the pizza on Instagram.
To make this pizza, take one big sweet potato, three tablespoons of sprouted ragi flour, two tablespoons of pizza sauce, mushrooms, onions and basil leaves. Use salt, mixed herbs and chilli flakes to add flavour.
Steps to make sweet potato pizza:
· First, boil the potato and mash it well.
· Then, add ragi flour and salt to the mashed potato, and knead this mixture into a dough.
· Take the kneaded dough and divide it into halves. Pat it into a thin crust on a parchment paper-lined baking tray.
· Pat some mixed herbs and chilli flakes on the base.
· Next, spread pizza sauce on this base along with toppings of your choice.
· Bake this at 200 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes, and your pizza is ready.
If you are not a lover of sweet potato, we can suggest other ways to make your pizza partly guilt-free. You can opt to steer clear from a maida base by replacing it with atta. You might also want to let go of the usual cheese to dress the pizza with healthier options like cottage cheese or feta cheese. Click here for one such recipe.
Another way to make pizza healthier is by using a base made out of chickpeas, multi-grain or cauliflower. These options give us a fresh and healthy excuse to consume pizza even as we are confined to our homes.